Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Crock Pot Nachos

This is something I kind of made up, I think.  I'm sure I got the inspiration somewhere, but I can't remember where!  Just put 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts into the crock pot, add a can of black beans (I like to rinse them first), can of corn (drained), and can of Rotel.  You can use a jar of salsa instead of the Rotel if you prefer.  I use whatever I already have.  I usually add a little Mexican seasoning like a packet of taco seasoning or just some chili powder, cumin, and garlic salt.  Let it cook for 3-4 hours on high, then turn off the crock pot (or set it to "warm"), shred the chicken with two forks, and then let it sit for a few minutes before serving.  I like to serve this in a shallow bowl with some tortilla chips and use them to dip.  I usually put a little shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream on top of mine; Derek likes jalapenos on his; and the boys just get it straight out 'da pot.  Lots of times I'll double this and we will have leftovers the next day.  It's really good reheated.

No comments:

Post a Comment