Wednesday, November 6, 2013

BBQ Meatballs

These are awesome!  They're like tiny little meat loaves.  I used to make it just like the recipe says, but I eventually got lazy and stopped browning them in the skillet before baking.  I just completely skip that step and put them straight into the oven, adding a little time to compensate for the fact that they didn't get the heat on the stovetop.  I honestly can't tell a difference.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/comfort-meatballs-recipe/index.html

They're great with mashed potatoes and asparagus.  If you're interested, here's how I cook my asparagus:  Snip off the tough ends and wash it.  Put them on a baking sheet with an edge.  Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper, roll them around a little to make sure they're coated, and bake at 350 until slightly tender (I like them to be a little crunchy).  Easy and tasty!


No comments:

Post a Comment